Wednesday, April 25, 2018

P2P



 So the very first time I ever encountered a file sharing software was Lime wire. File sharing is the nature in which people are able to transmit files from one computer to the next. I remember Lime wire being a way for me to share and download some of my favorite music for free. The way the software works is basically users pay and download music from other sites then, they upload the music to lime wire allowing others to download with a simple search and click. Lime wire is the exact definition of P2P (peer 2 peer) file sharing because it allows their users to share music for and me to be able to invest our money by means of personal loans to others and charge them interest. Similarly to lime wire it allows users to share from one person to another which in my opinion takes power away from big business and put it in the hands of everyday people. I am super optimistic for the future of this concept of peer to peer file sharing I believe it will be very beneficial in bringing people closer.free from person to person. In the article “Peers Find Less Pressure Borrowing From Each Other” by Wendy Kaufman talks about what file sharing in a more sophisticated sense. And how a company by the name of Lending Club functions is off the bases of allowing everyday people like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment