Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Next New


"REFILL IT" APP


Have you ever been rushing to school or work because you woke up late? Then you get the train station and you and realize your train leaves in the next minute or so. You go to swipe your card for a ride but your metro card reads "insufficient fund", so you then end up missing you train because you have to take the time out to purchase a MetroCard. Well I couldn't count on both hands how many times I have forgotten my MetroCard has either expired or is low on funds and missed my train. Just the other day I was out shopping in Brooklyn and took the bus in route to the train and once I got on the bus and used my MetroCard I noticed that I was about 20 cents short for a full fare and ended up having to pay another 2.75 once I got to the train station. The new media tool I would use to help with this problem is a MetroCard refill it app. This app allows users to check their MetroCard balances as well as the ability to refill your metro card with the click of a button. Features include the ability to schedule refill dates and times with the exact amount you want. This app will send notifications when the MetroCard needs be refilled and even up to date train arrival information for a station based on the users location and commute schedule.

2 comments:

  1. This app sounds great!! I've also had to pay twice multiple times whenever I forgot to refill my card the day before. This app would definitely eliminate the possibility of wasting a free transfer or missing the train. Its feasible and reasonable, MTA needs to step their game up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe they have the e-z metrocard, but having an app would be more than great. I honestly think MTA needs to step up their game on technology.

    ReplyDelete